With a high quality of life, a thriving economy, opportunities for outdoor activities and an impressive rate of growth, residents of Cedar Park have much to enjoy. The town’s population increased from fewer than 5,300 people in 1990 to more than 26,000 in people in 2000 and almost 49,000 in 2010. The estimated population in 2016 was over 70,000 people. With such rapid increases in population, the officials of Cedar Park opted for asphalt pavement on many of their local streets, realizing that asphalt pavement was fast and economical to install and repair. Many businesses followed suit, choosing asphalt pavement for their parking lots and private roads. For more than 30 years, Alpha Paving has been assisting customers in Cedar Park with the expansion, construction, maintenance and repair of their asphalt pavements. Whether they needed sealcoating, pothole repairs, asphalt overlays, crack filling or asphalt paving, they knew that Alpha Paving would deliver exceptional workmanship, outstanding customer service and competitive prices.
Cedar Park, TX – The History
In 1983, archaeologists discovered a site in Cedar Park that revealed that the area had been inhabited since at least 5000 B.C. However, Europeans are not believed to have arrived in the area until the middle of the 19th century. They founded a small community that they called Running Brushy, naming it for a spring that led to a creek that was also named Running Brushy.
In 1873, Harriet and George Cluck arrived in the area and purchased 329 acres of land to establish a ranch. The Running Brushy spring was included in the purchase. The Cluck’s ranch was the core of what would become Cedar Park.
Within a decade, the railroad arrived in the area, passing through the Cluck ranch and the community of Running Brushy. The village was renamed Brueggerhoff in honor of a railroad official. Local residents, however, were not fond of a name that was difficult to spell and not easy to pronounce. In 1887, the name was changed to Cedar Park.
Cedar Park Today
True to its name, Cedar Park has 47 public parks and more than 20 miles of trails. The first known city park was built in 1892 near the depot, and many people would take the train from Austin to spend the day strolling through the park or to have a picnic. Today, the parks cover more than 860 acres.
Cedar Park is the home of two minor league teams. The Texas Stars is an affiliate of the American Hockey League’s Dallas Stars, and the Austin Spurs is the D-league team affiliated with the San Antonio Spurs. Home games for both teams are held at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park.
Asphalt Paving in Cedar Park
When asphalt pavement is properly installed and sufficiently maintained, it should last for decades. Here are some pointers to help you make sure that you get the results you expect.
• Whether you are having new pavement constructed or existing pavement maintained, always work with a reputable contractor. Ask about the contractor’s experience with the type of work you need, but also inquire about his crew’s expertise. Check his references and verify that he carries proper insurance, including workers’ compensation and liability insurance.
• Be proactive about repairing any cracks or potholes. If water leaks through breaks in the pavement, the foundation can become eroded and unstable, leading the pavement to fail prematurely.
• Keep asphalt pavement clean. Remove trash or piles of debris regularly to prevent staining and stop water from accumulating underneath. Clean spilled or leaked automotive fluids as they can penetrate sealants and soften asphalt pavement.
• Have sealcoating professionally applied when needed. Sealcoating is not a permanent treatment, so it needs to be reapplied periodically to protect your pavement properly.
• Fresh paint can do a lot for a property’s curb appeal. Clearly marked parking spaces, curb markings to indicate areas in which parking is not allowed and pavement markings to guide drivers can improve safety within the parking lot.
• Power washing can improve the pavement’s appearance and enhance safety. Over time, a film of grime and dirt can develop on the pavement’s surface. This detracts from the appearance, but it can also make the pavement more slippery. A professional power washing can remove the grime that has accumulated on the pavement’s surface. It can also help make your pavement markings more visible.
Why Customers Count on Alpha Paving
If you need asphalt-related services in Cedar Park, contact the experts at Alpha Paving. Here are a few of the services that we offer.
- Asphalt Paving: Asphalt paving services include the construction of new roads and parking lots, the installation of speed bumps and the application of an asphalt overlay, which is a new layer of asphalt that is applied to existing pavement. The category also includes asphalt milling, a procedure that is often used to smooth transitions between different pavements, repair damage, adjust the pavement around manholes or level the pavement. Milling can also be used to correct drainage problems. Learn more about Asphalt Paving and Asphalt Overlays.
- Asphalt Repair: The most common asphalt repairs involve filling cracks or potholes in the pavement. Breaks in the pavement can allow water to seep beneath the pavement and damage the supporting foundation, resulting in costly repairs. Learn more about Asphalt Repair.
- Asphalt Sealcoating: Sealcoating is an important part of parking lot maintenance. Sealants protect against damage caused by UV rays and automotive fluids. Sealcoating also restores color to faded asphalt, enhancing the property’s curb appeal. Learn more about Asphalt Sealcoating.
- Concrete Work: Concrete remains a popular choice for sidewalks and curbs. In Cedar Park, there are also many driveways and parking lots that have been built with concrete. Concrete is also a popular choice for ramps and ADA improvements. Learn more about Concrete.
Alpha Paving is an award-winning company providing a full range of asphalt services to customers in Cedar Park, TX. We have over 30 years of experience in the asphalt industry. Our reputation is based on exceptional quality, outstanding customer service and the professionalism of our entire staff. We provide services to a wide range of customers, including airports, municipalities, county governments, apartment complexes, retailers, hotels, restaurants, homeowners’ associations, shopping centers, industrial facilities, office complexes and schools.
In Cedar Park, TX, our services include asphalt paving and asphalt overlays, sealcoating, road construction, street maintenance, concrete, parking lot maintenance, parking lot striping, asphalt repair, parking lot signs, asphalt milling, speed humps, parking lot car stops, power washing, sandblasting and ADA compliance. Our concrete services include ADA concrete, concrete curbing, concrete driveways, concrete ramps, concrete parking lots, and concrete sidewalks. To receive a free quote, complete the online form or call (512) 677-9001.