Founded in 1880, the site of Kyle, Texas, was selected based on the location of the nearby International-Great Northern Railroad route. By 1890, the population had grown to almost 800, and in 2010, there were more than 28,000 people residing in Kyle. Despite its explosive growth, most of the property owners in Kyle remain committed to maintaining their properties to ensure that the city retains its quaint charm. This includes maintaining the asphalt pavement found on many city streets, parking lots and residential driveways — and for more than three decades, Alpha Paving has been helping them with their asphalt installation, repair and maintenance needs. Whether they need new pavement, sealcoating or crack repairs, the people in Kyle know that they can count on Alpha Paving for exceptional results at affordable prices.
Kyle, TX – The History
Kyle was named for Fergus Kyle, who was the son Claiborne Kyle. The elder Kyle moved to the area from Tennessee and built a log cabin atop a bluff near the Blanco River in 1850. The double-pen, dogtrot-style cabin became part of the county’s first park and is still standing.
Katherine Anne Porter, author of “Ship of Fools” as well as several short stories set in the area, resided in Kyle from 1892 until 1901. Porter’s former home is open to the public, but an appointment is required.
Kyle is one of the state’s fastest growing cities, and its population is projected to reach 55,000 within 20 years. Its proximity to Austin and San Antonio has helped fuel its growth. Despite the explosive growth, however, Kyle did not get its first stoplight until 2007.
The city has devoted over 600 acres of land to parks. The parks host numerous events throughout the year, including an Easter Eggstravaganza, fireworks on the Fourth of July and Kyle Field Day. Other community events include the Founders’ Parade, the Polar Bear Splash, Kyle Hogwash and Market Days.
Asphalt Paving in Kyle
When installed correctly and maintained properly, asphalt pavement should last for several decades. However, to reach achieve its full potential life, asphalt pavement needs to be expertly maintained. Here is what Alpha Paving recommends for property owners in Kyle.
• Always maintain your sealcoating. New asphalt pavement should have sealant applied within the first year following installation. Depending on traffic volume and vehicle weights, sealant will need to be applied every two or three years to ensure maximum protection. Sealcoating guards against sun damage as well as damage caused by petroleum-based automotive fluids. It also revitalizes the color of asphalt that has faded.
• Have any breaks in the pavement repaired quickly. Cracks, deep cuts and potholes can let water drain beneath the pavement and erode the foundation. Once the foundation has become eroded and unstable, the pavement loses its ability to flex under load and extensive cracking can occur.
• Make parking lots safer and more attractive by having fresh paint applied to mark parking spaces, crosswalks, loading zones, travel directions, exits, handicapped parking spaces and fire lanes.
• If an aging pavement has become unsightly, check to see if it can be salvaged with an overlay before committing to a total replacement. If the foundation is stable, it might be cost-effective to choose an overlay, which is a course of asphalt applied to existing pavement.
Asphalt Services in Kyle, TX
- Asphalt Paving: Asphalt paving services include the construction of new roads and parking lots, the installation of speed bumps and the application of an asphalt overlay, which is a new layer of asphalt that is applied to existing pavement. The category also includes asphalt milling, a procedure that is often used to smooth transitions between different pavements, repair damage, adjust the pavement around manholes or level the pavement. Milling can also be used to correct drainage problems. Learn more about Asphalt Paving and Asphalt Overlays.
- Asphalt Repair: The most common asphalt repairs involve filling cracks or potholes in the pavement. Breaks in the pavement can allow water to seep beneath the pavement and damage the supporting foundation, resulting in costly repairs. Learn more about Asphalt Repair.
- Asphalt Sealcoating: Sealcoating is an important part of parking lot maintenance. Sealants protect against damage caused by UV rays and automotive fluids. Sealcoating also restores color to faded asphalt, enhancing the property’s curb appeal. Learn more about Asphalt Sealcoating.
- Concrete Work: Concrete remains a popular choice for sidewalks and curbs. In Kyle, TX, there are also many driveways and parking lots that have been built with concrete. Concrete is also a popular choice for ramps and ADA improvements. Learn more about Concrete.
Why Choose Alpha Paving?
Alpha Paving Industries is an award-winning asphalt contractor with quality workmanship, superior customer service and competitive rates. In Kyle, TX, our services include asphalt paving and asphalt overlays, sealcoating, road construction, street maintenance, concrete, parking lot maintenance, parking lot striping, asphalt repair, parking lot signs, asphalt milling, speed humps, parking lot car stops, power washing, sandblasting and ADA compliance. Our concrete services include ADA concrete, concrete curbing, concrete driveways, concrete ramps, concrete parking lots, and concrete sidewalks. To receive a free quote, complete the online form or call (512) 677-9001.