Within a few years of the construction that created Lake Travis in 1942, the area became a popular destination for fishermen, campers, boaters and outdoor enthusiasts. Nestled on the lake’s northern shore, Lago Vista began as a lake resort area in the 1960s. In the intervening years, the town has grown substantially, and asphalt pavement has played an important role in allowing expansions to be made quickly and economically. At Alpha Paving, we can help with a full range of asphalt-related services, including asphalt paving, pothole repairs, crack filling, sealcoating, street maintenance, asphalt milling, parking lot striping, speed bumps, pavement markings and traffic signs.
About Lago Vista
During the 1960s and 1970s, most of the homes in the community were summer retreats for families or the year-round homes of retirees. In 1984, Lago Vista incorporated, spurring a building boom; the median age of homes in Lago Vista is 15 years. The population has increased from fewer than 2,200 people in 1990 to an estimated 6,800 in 2016. The number of families with young children has also increased; almost 21 percent of the town’s population is under the age of 18, and the town’s schools are highly acclaimed.
Outdoor activities are popular in Lago Vista. The city operates two golf courses that feature Lake Travis as a backdrop. Marinas make it easy for residents to engage in water sports on Lake Travis, and there are several lakeside parks for those who prefer to remain on dry land. The city also sponsors a variety of fairs, festivals and community events.
Asphalt Paving in Lago Vista
If asphalt pavement is installed correctly and maintained properly, it should last for several decades. However, if it is neglected, its life expectancy can be reduced; neglected pavement can require replacement in as little as 10 years. The following tips can help you ensure that you get the best return on your investment in asphalt pavement.
• Whether you need a new street built or a parking lot sealed, hire a reputable asphalt professional who has the proper equipment and experience for the type of work you need. Check the contractor’s references and verify his insurance coverage. If you obtain multiple quotes, make sure that every quote covers the same scope of work and quality of materials.
• Keep your sealcoating in good condition. Sealcoating is not a permanent treatment; it will need to be reapplied periodically. Sealcoating is an economical way to give your asphalt pavement protection from damaging UV rays and chemicals that can reduce your pavement’s useful life.
• Have cracks repaired quickly. Water that leaks through the cracks can damage the pavement’s supporting base. If the base is damaged, the pavement can subside, crack extensively or allow potholes to form. Base repairs can be costly, so it is better to prevent them through economical, routine crack repairs.
• Automotive fluids, including oil, fuel, power steering fluid and brake fluid, can soften asphalt pavement and cause it to deteriorate. Sealcoating will slow the progress of automotive fluids, but eventually, they will destroy the sealcoating and begin to work on the asphalt pavement. Thorough cleaning of automotive fluids once or twice a year can help you protect your pavement’s health.
Asphalt Services in Lago Vista, TX
- Asphalt Paving: Asphalt paving services include the construction of new roads and parking lots, the installation of speed bumps and the application of an asphalt overlay, which is a new layer of asphalt that is applied to existing pavement. The category also includes asphalt milling, a procedure that is often used to smooth transitions between different pavements, repair damage, adjust the pavement around manholes or level the pavement. Milling can also be used to correct drainage problems. Learn more about Asphalt Paving and Asphalt Overlays.
- Asphalt Repair: The most common asphalt repairs involve filling cracks or potholes in the pavement. Breaks in the pavement can allow water to seep beneath the pavement and damage the supporting foundation, resulting in costly repairs. Learn more about Asphalt Repair.
- Asphalt Sealcoating: Sealcoating is an important part of parking lot maintenance. Sealants protect against damage caused by UV rays and automotive fluids. Sealcoating also restores color to faded asphalt, enhancing the property’s curb appeal. Learn more about Asphalt Sealcoating.
- Concrete Work: Concrete remains a popular choice for sidewalks and curbs. In Bastrop, there are also many driveways and parking lots that have been built with concrete. Concrete is also a popular choice for ramps and ADA improvements. Learn more about Concrete.
At Alpha Paving, we work with a variety of customers to help them keep their asphalt pavements healthy and attractive. Our customer base includes municipalities, homeowners’ associations, airports, office buildings, major retailers, condominiums, restaurants, apartment complexes, hotels, malls, sports complexes, grocery stores, entertainment venues and shopping centers. We deliver quality work and outstanding customer service at competitive rates.
In Lago Vista, TX, our services include asphalt paving and asphalt overlays, sealcoating, road construction, street maintenance, concrete, parking lot maintenance, parking lot striping, asphalt repair, parking lot signs, asphalt milling, speed humps, parking lot car stops, power washing, sandblasting and ADA compliance. Our concrete services in Lago Vista, TX include ADA concrete, concrete curbing, concrete driveways, concrete ramps, concrete parking lots, and concrete sidewalks. To receive a free quote, complete the online form or call (512) 677-9001.
Submit the online form to request a free estimate or call (512) 677-9001.