First-time visitors to Lakeway are sometimes surprised to find that many streets and residential driveways are paved with asphalt. Unlike many other towns in the area, Lakeway was not founded in the 19th century. By the time Lakeway was planned, road builders had already begun to embrace asphalt pavement as the preferred choice. Asphalt pavement is economical, durable and attractive, and installation and repairs are quick and easy. At Alpha Paving, we offer a full range of asphalt services to the Lakeway area, including asphalt paving and overlays, sealcoating, crack filling, pothole repairs, street maintenance, asphalt milling and reclamation, pavement markings, speed bumps and parking lot striping.
The history of Lakeway began in 1962. Three men from Houston purchased land on Lake Travis to build a resort and hotel. The Lakeway Inn held its grand opening in July 1963, and it quickly became a popular tourist destination. Sales of property for residential development began the same year.
By 1971, 300 homes had been constructed in Lakeway. Three years later, property owners voted for incorporation. Within a decade, there were 1,020 residents in Lakeway. By 2000, the population had grown to more than 8,000; in 2015, the population was estimated to be more than 14,200 people.
Residents of Lakeway enjoy a quality of life that is difficult to find in most towns of a similar size. The cost of living is below the national average, and the crime rate is approximately one-third of the national average. Unemployment rates are significantly lower than the national average and lower than the state average. Special events and recreational activities are plentiful; events include Movies in the Park, Dive-in Movies, the Brown Bag Luncheon Concert Series, the Big Band Bash and an indoor rummage sale.
Many residents commute to Austin, which is less than 15 miles from Lakeway. San Antonio is approximately 70 miles away, making it a popular destination for day trips.
Asphalt Paving in Lakeway
Lakeway residents take great pride in their properties, and the city officials make every effort to ensure that public properties are meticulously maintained. Whether asphalt pavement is used for a public thoroughfare, a parking lot or a residential driveway, there are certain maintenance procedures that need to be performed if it is to achieve its full life and retain its beauty throughout.
• Repairs: Eventually, all pavements will develop cracks. If these cracks are neglected, they will expand in size and become more numerous. Cracks are not just unsightly; they allow water to penetrate to the pavement’s supporting foundation. The water erodes the foundation, making it impossible for the foundation to support the weight of the pavement. Potholes develop, and the pavement often develops alligator cracking. Timely crack repairs can prevent extensive and costly damages.
• Sealant: When it comes to protecting asphalt pavement, sealcoating is the most economical and effective way to ensure a long life for the pavement. Sealcoating functions as a sunscreen to block the UV rays that leave asphalt dry and brittle. It also helps protect against damages from chemicals such as automotive fluids. As a bonus, sealcoating brings back the beautiful color that asphalt pavement has when it is new. Sealcoating should be applied every two to three years to ensure maximum protection.
Asphalt Services in Lakeway, TX
- Asphalt Paving: Asphalt paving services include the construction of new roads and parking lots, the installation of speed bumps and the application of an asphalt overlay, which is a new layer of asphalt that is applied to existing pavement. The category also includes asphalt milling, a procedure that is often used to smooth transitions between different pavements, repair damage, adjust the pavement around manholes or level the pavement. Milling can also be used to correct drainage problems. Learn more about Asphalt Paving and Asphalt Overlays.
- Asphalt Repair: The most common asphalt repairs involve filling cracks or potholes in the pavement. Breaks in the pavement can allow water to seep beneath the pavement and damage the supporting foundation, resulting in costly repairs. Learn more about Asphalt Repair.
- Asphalt Sealcoating: Sealcoating is an important part of parking lot maintenance. Sealants protect against damage caused by UV rays and automotive fluids. Sealcoating also restores color to faded asphalt, enhancing the property’s curb appeal. Learn more about Asphalt Sealcoating.
- Concrete Work: Concrete remains a popular choice for sidewalks and curbs. In Lakeway, TX, there are also many driveways and parking lots that have been built with concrete. Concrete is also a popular choice for ramps and ADA improvements. Learn more about Concrete.
At Alpha Paving, we have the expertise to help customers in all types of industries with their asphalt-related needs. We help several municipalities with their street maintenance, provide numerous major retailers with all of their parking lot maintenance needs and handle the asphalt needs for many condominiums and apartment complexes. Our customer base also includes restaurants, schools, subdivisions, hotels, shopping malls, churches, airports, manufacturing facilities and office complexes.
Alpha Paving Industries is an award-winning asphalt contractor with quality workmanship, superior customer service and competitive rates. In Lakeway, TX, our services include asphalt paving and asphalt overlays, sealcoating, road construction, street maintenance, concrete, parking lot maintenance, parking lot striping, asphalt repair, parking lot signs, asphalt milling, speed humps, parking lot car stops, power washing, sandblasting and ADA compliance. Our concrete services in Lakeway, TX include ADA concrete, concrete curbing, concrete driveways, concrete ramps, concrete parking lots, and concrete sidewalks. To receive a free quote, complete the online form or call (512) 677-9001.