If you manage an apartment complex, you may deal with a variety of issues every day. Some problems involve dispatching maintenance personnel to repair a leaking faucet or malfunctioning garbage disposal. Other tasks may involve getting vacant units ready for a new tenant, processing rent payments, inspecting the grounds and common areas, fielding calls about vacancies, and responding to complaints from tenants. With so many issues to juggle, it can be easy to overlook the parking lot, but the condition of your parking lot can have a major impact on how current and prospective tenants view your apartment complex. If previous managers neglected the parking lot, an asphalt overlay might be the most cost-effective way to restore the appearance and health of your pavement.
Top Reasons to Resurface Asphalt in Your Apartment Parking Lot
What Are Asphalt Overlays?
An overlay is another name for asphalt resurfacing. Instead of tearing out the existing asphalt pavement, commercial paving contractors use a milling machine to remove a precise depth of pavement. The contractor then installs new asphalt to restore the pavement to its proper depth.
Why Do Asphalt Paving Contractors Recommend Pavement Resurfacing for Apartment Complexes?
If you ask a reputable Austin paving company to list the benefits an overlay can deliver, you will probably receive an answer that encompasses most or all of the following.
1. Overlays are virtually indistinguishable from an entirely new pavement in appearance, but they are much less expensive than rebuilding your parking lot. Therefore, resurfacing is a quick and economical way to restore your parking lot and enhance your property’s curb appeal. As you probably know, curb appeal is critical when you need to attract new tenants. Prospective tenants may judge your commitment to maintenance and repairs for the entire complex, including the individual apartments, by the condition of your parking lot.
2. Residents dislike poorly maintained parking lots that pose tripping hazards or inflict damage on their vehicles. Resurfacing can help you retain quality tenants.
3. Resurfacing is a relatively quick procedure, so residents will experience little inconvenience. If the overlay needs a repair, this will also cause little disruption.
4. Budgets for routine maintenance are easy to establish. An asphalt paving contractor can recommend the proper schedule for your property, but as a rule, expect to invest in sealcoating and striping every two years.
5. With proper maintenance, an overlay can have a useful life of 15 years or more. If you calculate the return on your investment, you will see that overlays can deliver an excellent ROI for apartment complexes.
Over the years, Alpha Paving has helped numerous apartment complexes repair, maintain and resurface their parking lots. We offer a complete range of asphalt services, including overlays, commercial paving, milling, sealcoating, crack filling, signage, speed bumps, car stops, thermoplastic markings, and pavement striping and marking. We also install and repair concrete pavement. In addition to apartment complexes, we also provide our services to condominium boards, airports, retailers, shopping malls, hotels, subdivisions, municipalities, schools, religious institutions, health care facilities, office parks, restaurants and entertainment venues. We have an extensive list of references and an impeccable reputation. We would be happy to provide you with a free quote if you will submit the online form or call our office at 512-677-9001.
Austin, TX, Bastrop, TX, Belton, TX, Buda, TX, Cedar Park, TX, Georgetown, TX, Hutto, TX, Killeen, TX, Kyle, TX, Lago Vista, TX, Lakeway, TX, Leander, TX, New Braunfels, TX, Pflugerville, TX, Round Rock, TX, San Marcos, TX, Taylor, TX, Temple, TX